Sunday, February 6, 2011

My 30th Birthday

I am really behind on blogging…

On January 20th, I (and my sister) turned 30.  Jake wanted to throw me a big party but I just wasn’t in it being pretty pregnant and everything.

Our birthday fell on a Thursday.  It was great.  I got flowers from my class and my Mom.  Jake brought me a yummy lunch and my class was wonderful!  We had a dinner to go to that evening for Jake’s work so CB spent some extra time with Grandma.  We picked her up and headed home. 

I was told to pack a bag for Saturday night and Callie Beth was staying at Grandma’s house.  If you know me pretty well, it is near impossible to surprise me.  Jake did great at keeping it a secret! 

We dropped Callie Beth off late afternoon.  Jake got a condo for us to stay in overlooking the Bay.  The condo was adorable.  We watched the sunset and drank wine.  Yes, non-alcoholic wine for me.IMG_4619 The view…IMG_4600IMG_4613 He then made me sushi (of course nothing raw) as an appetizer.  IMG_4620 Then we headed out a little later to one of my favorite local restaurants (Nana’s Irish Pub) for dinner, live music and dessert.  They have a chocolate bread pudding that is amazing…

I had a wonderful birthday.  I am not at all worried about being 30.  I think my 30s are going to be pretty great! Most importantly, we will get to meet the new addition to make us a family of 4!

1 comment: