I went back to work this past week and today was the first day of school! This summer and my time with Ben and Callie Beth truly FLEW by! It is always a super busy week getting ready for a new school year so that helped keep my mind off things.
When it was time to go back to work after having Callie Beth, I dwelled on it the entire week before. I cried several times a day and it was all I could think about. It really ruined the last week I had with her at home. I swore I wouldn’t do that with Ben…and I didn’t. I knew I had to go back to work but I refused to let myself think about it. I was still a mess the night before and his first day at daycare (which is understandable).
Both kiddos are at the bank daycare full time. Callie Beth has been going two days a week all summer. She loves it and she really needed that time away to play and socialize with other kids…but I must say she misses Tia and Grandma! That gave me time with Ben and to get stuff done around the house. One thing that really helped ease my mind with Ben’s transition is knowing he has big sister there (who always makes him smile).
Ben had a great week! He is teething so he has been a little more needy (I wouldn’t even say fussy) than normal but still an extremely happy and easy baby. Callie Beth LOVES having him there too. She is such a good big sister.
This will be an interesting school year. Our school district passed a bond back in May. Part of the money is being used to get rid of all our portables and build a new wing for new classrooms, cafeteria, and office. They will remodel the old office and turn them into classrooms. Construction started back in June which means the portables are gone. So for this year, our school is split between two locations. We are still one school just operating in two different places. It will be an adventure but it will all be worth is next year!
Let’s hope for a great school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment