A couple weeks ago, we had Ben’s Bye Bye Binky party. This has needed to happen for awhile but I was waiting for summer break and after a few trips. He was very much connected to binky. He only had it while sleeping and in the car. It was not going to be an easy transition.
We’ve been talking about it for awhile. He knew it was going away soon.
Last suck…
And then the wind shifted and of course got stuck in the tree…awesome!
Daddy to the rescue…
So happy for his new snuggle buddies :)
So, I wanted to do two transitions at once to make it easier in the long run. This was also the night of no more crib. Time for a big boy room. Well, the furniture company ordered the wrong bed. Problem solved by just having the mattress on the floor. The new bed comes next week.
Update: the first night was great. He went to bed no problem and only woke up once. The next couple of days were a challenge but I stuck to my guns and the Super Nanny method of laying him back down, tucking him in, kiss on the head and walking out the door with not much interaction. Worked like a charm. He is doing amazing. He loves sleeping in his bed just like his crib. He also doesn’t get out of bed, he calls for me when he wakes up. I was very worried about daycare but he did great there too! Success! What a good boy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment