Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day!

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mother’s Day!  I had a great day!  I got to sleep in which was wonderful.  Jake’s parents came over for breakfast that Jake cooked for us.   Jake and Callie Beth got me a beautiful Chamilia bracelet and charms.  This may not sound very exciting, but we then spent the rest of the day cleaning (where I had tons of help) and then relaxing.  AND, there were no accidents (see below). It couldn’t have been better. 

I am so lucky to be Callie Beth’s mom.  She is an amazing little girl.  I couldn’t wait to become a Mom but I really didn’t know how rewarding it would be. I couldn’t imagine life without her.  Each day I am surprised because I love her more and more.

Callie Beth has had a rough last few days.  Thursday, she woke up with a nice little scratch on her nose.  Friday, she woke up with a mini black eye.  What is happening in her crib?  Then, Friday afternoon, she had shots.  Jake ripped of one of her band-aids in the tub.  Boy, she didn’t like that!!!  Plus, this last molar is not treating her well.

Yesterday we had a cookout with some friends (and all their kids).  We had a busy day running errands, preparing, and then with company. 

If that wasn’t enough…here comes more: Callie Beth had mastered our deck steps awhile ago.  We always watch her but I guess not as close as we should have been because she does so well.  She got a little too confident in herself and tried to go down different ways.  I was finishing up some stuff inside and Jake was out raking.  He was a few feet away and she missed the last step, did a little spin and landed face first on the walk way.  I understand it happens but was upset with him.  Well, later in the night, the same thing happened again.  I was helping her, I looked up to answer a question and BOOM, she is face first on the walk way again.  Of course, she hit the same exact spot.  This time, it was my fault.  I was a foot away!  Talk about Mom of the year award!   Jake had fun giving me a hard time.  I feel HORRIABLE about this.  She cried for a minute and then was okay but it breaks my heart just looking at her face. 

Needless to say, today was a better day! 

I’m sure these are the first of many falls.  I am thankful it wasn’t a far fall and it could have been a lot worse! 

IMG_3232IMG_3235IMG_3237IMG_3239

No comments:

Post a Comment