Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I love you Nanny!

On Sunday, May 30th, the world lost an amazing woman.  I can’t begin to tell you how much my Nanny meant to me. 

She helped raise my sister and I.  She took care of us as we were her own children.  I spoke to her almost every day.  She knew everything going on in my life, even from across the country.  She could always cheer me up and put a smile on my face.  She was always there to encourage me and tell me how proud she was of me.  She was always a phone call away for help with her recipes.  She taught me how to cook, bake, and sew (to just name a few)  She was the most selfless person I’ve known.  She was the glue of our family. 

I will never forget when I called to tell her I was pregnant.  It filled her heart with joy.  She loved watching videos of Callie Beth, seeing the pictures I sent, talking to us on the phone, and reading this blog.  It meant the world to me for her to be able to meet Callie Beth at Christmas. 

I don’t think anyone is ever prepared to lose someone close to them.  It just doesn’t seem real.  I feel like I should be able to pick up the phone and call her…but I can’t.  So as I grieve, I have to focus the things that makes me smile… she is not suffering anymore and she with my Grandpa now.  

Nanny and Callie Beth at Christmas9

Mandy’s baby shower at Christmas15

Here are pictures from the wedding in 2007lizjake0144lizjake0142100_7352

COMFORT

Surrounded by friends
yet all alone
the one I loved
God has called home
the hugs of friends
helps ease the pain
and I know my loss
is my loved one's gain
but tears now flow
across my face
as I long for just
one more embrace
then comfort comes
and I see Christ's face
He hugs my loved one
and I feel God's grace.

 

I Love You Nanny!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of your Nanny Liz. There are no words that can make it better for you, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Nanny you had, inside and out. You are so blessed to have this relationship and these memories. Continue to talk to her, and I will have you all in my prayers for peace and comfort.

    Loves you!

    ReplyDelete