Wednesday, April 6, 2011

38 weeks!

I was 38 weeks pregnant on Monday!  I can’t believe we will be meeting our baby boy in 5 days (unless he decides to come early).  Last week was a little interesting.  We had Monday and Tuesday off (extended Spring Break with budget cuts).  We went back to work on Wednesday and it was a LONG day as I was having my conferences all evening.

I had NO swelling with Callie Beth so this is so strange to me.  I have been swelling (ankles, feet, and legs) the last couple weeks but it always goes down with rest and it hasn’t been too bad.  Well, last week it wasn’t getting better.  My wonderful husband would run them at night to get the swelling down but the minute I got on my feet in the morning, they were swollen again.  The only shoes I could fit in were my Crocs.  It makes me feel so disgusting!  I was feeling a little off Wednesday and had them check my blood pressure at school.  It was a little high but not bad.  By Thursday I was not feeling well and my feet couldn’t even fit in my Crocs.  I had indents from the little holes on top.  I was scheduled for my 37 week appointment that day.  By the time I got to the doctor, my blood pressure was 142/84 where my normal is 110/60.  My doctor and nurse informed me I would not be working anymore and I am put on partial bed rest (meaning I need to take it easy and stay off my feet when I can).  They ran some tests to make sure it wasn’t preeclampsia or anything else going on.  If something was wrong, we would have been having the baby right away.  Everything looked good! 

I feel bad about school and not having a good transition for my kiddos but I realize I need to take care of myself and Baby Benjamin! 

I am feeling MUCH better after resting! 

Here are a few cute pictures of Callie Beth trying to play baseball in heels.  I could definitely handle that….athletic but knows how to wear heels too! :)

IMG_4862IMG_4863IMG_4864

1 comment:

  1. Glad it wasn't pre-eclampsia. I had it with both girls and wouldn't wish it on anyone. That's why Mackensy was born on June 23. She wasn't due until July 19 but after what happened with Haley, when my BP spiked with her (170/110) my doctor said "that's it"

    ReplyDelete