Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Daycare

I first want to say a huge THANK YOU to Merrie (Grandma) and Tia for taking such good care of Callie Beth the last year and a half. 

I went back to work when CB was 5 and a half months old.  The bank has been planning on opening a daycare since before Callie Beth was born.  When I went back to work, it wasn’t open yet.  Tia and Merrie helped us out by watching Callie Beth a few days a week until the daycare opened (short term agreement).  Little did we know, it would take a lot of work to make it happen with many ups and downs.  A year and a half later (and after all of Aunt Jill’s hard work, it opened yesterday).  Thank you!

Another change for CB….I was a little sad.  She doesn’t know the ladies at the daycare.  All she has known is Grandma and Tia and she LOVES them so much.  But I must say she is a pretty good with just going with the flow.  I knew she would be in good hands, I just wondered what she was thinking.

Since I am not working anymore, I was able to go and get her settled in on her first day.  I knew she would do great with the other kids and playing.  Grandma, Aunt Jill, and Grandpa (Poppy) all went to see her yesterday.  My concern was naptime.  She is so used to being in a quiet room by herself.  Now she would be taking naps with other kiddos in the room???

She had a great day yesterday and napped for about  hours!  Yay!  Lets hope it continues.  She will continue to go two days a week starting next week and through the summer.  That way I get some one-on-one time with Benjamin and she gets the socialization she needs.

In order to only have one diaper bag, I figured this was the perfect time to switch to a backpack.  Callie Beth LOVES it! 

Here she is showing it off before daycare this morning:

IMG_4865IMG_4867IMG_4868IMG_4869IMG_4873

1 comment:

  1. Where is this daycare? At Jake's work? The picture of them walking off together is priceless! Love it!

    ReplyDelete