Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Folly Beach, Charleston…beach bums

I am going to apologize in advance…there are so many pictures that I want to share with you all. 

After the 4th, we headed to Charleston, South Carolina with the Hemphill family to meet up with my sister, Patrick and my nephew, and the Rice’s for the week.  I finally got to meet my little nephew Nolan.  He is so precious! 

This was our first vacation with another family.  We had a blast!  I am so happy that Jake and Mike get along so well and that our kids are so close in age (2 months apart).

The first day we were there we headed to the beach after the kids afternoon naps…we learned a lot that day!  Whew…it was HOT!!!  Callie Beth and Breck LOVED the water.  They couldn’t get enough of the waves knocking them down. 

Here are beach pictures from the first day:

IMG_3447IMG_3468IMG_3490IMG_3518IMG_3523IMG_3550IMG_3552

After that first day at the beach, the boys went running one morning and saw how nice the beach was.  We decided the best time to take the kids out was right after breakfast.  That way it was not too hot.  The tide was going out so there were little pools of water to play in and they weren’t exhausted yet.  It was PERFECT!  Every morning, we were on the beach by 8:30. 

IMG_3657IMG_3663IMG_3665IMG_3668 Amanda and BreckIMG_3666 The Hemphill FamilyIMG_3676Daddy’s Girl IMG_3681pure joy IMG_3704IMG_3707Our family993  2 peas in a strollerIMG_3709992IMG_2765Amanda and I   IMG_2767 Mandy and NolanIMG_2759Patrick and Jessica (Patrick’s sister) IMG_2766

Another day…

IMG_3724IMG_3729IMG_3734

Strollers became an obsession of Callie Beth’s this trip.  She either had to be pushing or had to be riding.  Here she is with Mike pushing Breck…

Mike trying to steer the stroller for herIMG_3740CB doing some of the work…IMG_3743CB doing most of the work…IMG_3746CB doing all of the work…LOVE IT!IMG_3748

No comments:

Post a Comment