Callie Beth started swim lessons a couple weeks ago. Boy was I nervous. She loves the water but is used to swimming with floaties on. I didn’t know how she would do without Jake and I in the water too. I think a huge part of being comfortable in the water is being able to touch. Well, this girl is tiny and can barely touch the bottom where the edge of the pool starts rounding out to the bottom.
First lesson, she wanted out until she realized she could touch and then loved it. Since then, she has done pretty well. They don’t do it by age but by the levels. So there are kids in her class much bigger than she is. I am excited to see how she progresses.
Update: She has made so much progress in the last couple weeks. She now doesn’t mind doing bobs and she went off the diving board. I am so proud of her and can’t wait to see what else she learns.
Pictures from the first classes:
Ben watching his sister:
Here are the latest pictures:
Floating on the noodle all by herself
Floating on the noodle all by herself
Her tongue is always out when she is concentrating
Blowing Bubbles
Train to the deep end
Time for the diving board!
No comments:
Post a Comment