So we went to the doctor today for a weight check and jaundice check. Not good news...she has only gained 2 ounces since last visit. I knew we were having problems nursing but the last 5 days have been going well (so I thought). So what we think is happening is that CB is using me as comfort and not as a source of food. She latches on and then soothes herself to sleep. She should be done with a nursing session in 20 minutes but it is taking her an hour. That means she is not getting enough feeding sessions in. It is heart breaking because she seems so happy but she isn't getting enough food. So after all the progress we have made, we are back to the bottle. I have to pump and give it to her so we know how much she is getting. I know it is still great that she is getting breast milk but it just isn't what I wanted. What is most important is that she is healthy and gains weight. Once she gaining weight, I am going to have to try to re-train her nursing. Back to the beginning....
We go back to the doctor on Friday to check her progress...lets hope she starts gaining more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment