Kacy Jo came over yesterday to take her newborn pics. She did our pics for the wedding. This was her first time taking pictures of a baby. I am sure they will turn out great. I can't wait to see them.
Last night I had my first experience of taking care of two people at the same time. When Jake got home from work, he wasn't feeling so good. Around 7, he began throwing up. It continued all night. Needless to say, between feedings, pumping, and taking care of Jake, we didn't get much sleep.
We went back to the doctor today to check her weight. Finally, good news! She gained 6 ounces in 3 days. Dr. Burns was very impressed. She is now back up to 8 pounds 2 ounces. He said when she gets to 8.8 or 8.10, I can try training her to nurse again (at her rate, that should be in about 3 to 4 days). Until then, I need to keep pumping and giving her bottles of the breast milk.
Great Grandpa Postlewait
No comments:
Post a Comment