Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Callyn Elizabeth Postlewait: The birth

March 20th and 21st

I know of lot of know want an update and to hear how the labor went. It is hard to talk about but here you go....Well, we went into the hospital to be induced Friday morning. When we got to the hospital, they were super busy with lots of babies being delivered. They were going to send me home which was the last thing we wanted. I just wanted to feel good and meet our little girl. They hooked me up to the monitors and I was having contractions that were 5 minutes apart. I think they scared me into labor....they couldn't send me home after they saw that. We were really excited that this was actually going to happen.

The timeline seems like a blur now. Overall, I was in labor for 25 hours and pushed for 4 and a half. I had an epidural which was awesome. I didn't even know I was having contractions. Twice the epidural started to move or wear off a little but they fixed that with a shot. Things were great until it wore off with an hour left of pushing (Not that I knew there was an hour left). The first two hours of pushing made a ton of progress. The last two and a half didn't do anything. Callie Beth was not coming out on her own....she was stuck. At this point, I was a lot of pain. They decided to use the vacuum to help her out. We didn't even worry about contractions anymore for pushing, we just kept going. In the last set of pushes, there was a loud pop. Everyone looked up, at each other, and then at me. I knew right away, my tail bone was broken. I worked so hard just to have the pain stop.

Callyn Elizabeth Postlewait was born at 10:42 am on March 21st. She was 8 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches long. She was quite a chunker and no one expected that. To me, she looks just like Jake :) We are so happy she is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment