So they kept me in the hospital an extra day because of the rough labor. They said my tail bone will take 6 months to a year to heal and about 2 weeks till I notice any difference with the pain. The pain meds take some of it away but I'm still hurting pretty bad. It is pretty interesting taking care of a newborn when you can't sit and hardly walk.
I do need to brag on my wonderful husband. He has been amazing taking care of the both of us. I don't know what I could do without him.
Right now Callie Beth is jaundice. Her levels were a little high yesterday so they sent us home with a bili-blanket. It is something we put on her chest that gives off light to help with the jaundice. We went this afternoon for a check up and it wasn't so good. She has lost more than 10% of her body weight and her levels are higher. (she weights 7 pounds 6 ounces now). My milk has not come in so I knew she wasn't getting the food she needed. As of now, she has to have the bili-blanket on all night and we are giving her formula. We go back tomorrow morning to see if that helped. It if didn't, she will be admitted and have to be placed under the lights for a day. Lets hope tonight works and my milk comes in!
Liz I'm so sorry to hear about your delivery problems. You are in my prayers! Congrats on a beautiful healthy baby. What a great gift from God!
ReplyDelete